AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traeger grill machinery....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 8/28/2017 06:34 (#6214395 - in reply to #6213552)
Subject: RE: Traeger grill machinery....

n.c.iowa
Local guy just got married here a few weeks ago to a girl from the " big city".

They both had their own places, so Saturday and yesterday were household moving and consolidation days.

Yesterday my buddy fires up his Traeger to feed the hungry crew, throws on a couple of seasoned pork loins, sets it at 275, and walks away.

Couple hours later, do a cut test, " can't locate the meat thermometer, is it in the boxes in the garden shed?"

The pork loins are pretty close to ready, ring the dinner bell and they come-a-running.

The former big city girl mentions how she has probably eaten more pork in the last 2 months than she has eaten for many years, and not a bad bite in any of it. She was just wondering if it was a requirement to have a traeger grill to live in our area.

I think she was just amazed at the efficiency of which the food gets prepared without too much fuss, and it ends up tasting pretty good.

I personally like pecan, and hickory pellets. Sometimes will do mesquite for the smoke portion of a recipe, then switch over to something else for the cooking part. The mesquite has a interesting flavor, but can get a little too resinous and bitter for my taste.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)