AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers national company letter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

turnipted
Posted 8/20/2017 09:27 (#6198760 - in reply to #6197728)
Subject: RE: Different perspective

If they are not happy with a rental agreement they make changes......they own the land. NOT the tenant and NOT the land management firm. I have not experienced myself or even heard of landlords around here approaching a tenant first and saying "Prices have really dropped lets lower the rent" but common practice to get approached as " Commodity prices have jumped or my cost of living has increased we need to jump rent accordingly". Which I don't have a problem with especially if your willing to be paying more on another parcel that is similar. It's the landlords job to be happy with or comfortable with what he's getting and if he/she is gullible enough to let a land management firm take a percentage of their pie that's their problem. Tenants either pay or walk away. Today's society is all about the dollar...especially the off farm heirs.....and Farm management firms just crank up this sentiment even more. Kudos to you for giving above and beyond....this tells me your very established and can afford to, or farm enough ground you get your inputs a lot cheaper or your rental rate is already or had been cheaper accordingly, or maybe all the above. I am just stating that the percentage of landlords that approach the tenants FIRST about adjusting rates lower is very, very low compared to the other way around. There has to be a happy medium between the two parties and to keep paying higher rent just to make a landlord "happy" is not a very wise move strictly"business" talking but not all farm to feed and clothe their family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)