AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rattlesnakes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 8/16/2017 22:56 (#6192115)
Subject: Rattlesnakes

Texas
I grew up outside of Sweetwater TX and the things were thick. We regularly saw them in the yard, garage, etc. I live just outside Lubbock now and have pretty much never worried about them here.

Back around 2004 I killed one on the highway by my house. None of my neighbors who had been farming that area their whole lives believed me. They actually came by to look at it because they said there were none here. When they saw it they said it must have fell off a truck or somehow got transplanted there. Never saw another one.

In the past couple months two kids have been bit within 40 miles of here. Today one was spotted in the city limits of Lubbock. I guess they are moving into the area or maybe they were always here and just went unnoticed?

In any event I am going to have to start paying attention walking around as I have been pretty careless in that regard. Heck just last week I went out to turn a well off at night in shorts and flip flops with nothing but my cell phone for a light walking through the tall weeds to get to it. I would have never done anything like that around Sweetwater.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)