AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight vs JD GS2 2600???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AlexW
Posted 11/24/2008 14:47 (#515542 - in reply to #515415)
Subject: Re: AgLeader Insight vs JD GS2 2600???...planter?..ISO stuff

NW Illinois
It is a little confusing, Ron. It just depends on what "side," or both, are ISO compatible. If a monitor (e.g. Pro 600 or GS 2600) is ISO compatible, that means that any ISO compatible implement (e.g. planter or baler) of any brand hooked to that ISO compatible monitor system should work correctly. If the implement is not also ISO 11783 compatible, though, it still needs its proprietary monitor to work.

So, for example - from my understanding, the new Deere planters (starting in 2009) are ISO compatible. So that means you could hook it up to an ISO monitor, whether it be a GS2 2600 or an AFS Pro 600 (or whomever's), and it will work correctly. On the other hand, the Case IH planters are not currently ISO compatible so they will work only on an AFS Pro 600.

There are a variety of implements out there that are ISO, but there are still many that are not. The adoption is taking place slowly across all companies, although last I followed it closely (it has been a while) AGCO was leading the transition. I know some (maybe all) CNH hay equipment is ISO, some third party hay equipment, and now planters from Deere. I'm sure there are more out there that others can attest to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)