AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight vs JD GS2 2600???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mcline
Posted 11/23/2008 09:46 (#514283 - in reply to #514254)
Subject: Re: AgLeader Insight vs JD GS2 2600???

Ladoga, IN, United States, North America, Earth
It appears that the GS2 for background will only do aerial and prescription overview. So won't do variety background images.

It says that the Harvest Doc will track variety but doesn't specify if you have to manually put it in or it will do automatic switching.

These are just a few things that I love on the Insight. I got this information off of the JD website. We run Agleader, and in my opinion Deere has always been about 2 steps behind on this from Agleader.

We run all Deere equipment on our farm, so I'm not just bashing Deere. When we went to the Insight system for autoswath and planting with multi-product, Deere was still about a year out from having that stuff available.

Also it seems that Deeres RTK isn't nearly as good as Trimbles RTK. I couldn't find the information on Deere's website, but their 1 in repeatable range that they say you could go out to, as in miles from the tower, was something around 68% of the time 1 in. repeatable up to its advertised broadcast range.

Trimble's is 95% 1 in repeatability up to its advertised broadcast range.

As far as their variety planting and tracking. It looks like it can only do 2 varieties on non-deere planters and on Deere planters it will do where the hyd. drive splits are.

Agleader seedcommand will do up to 36 sections of planter control.

Edited by mcline 11/23/2008 09:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)