AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intelliview monitor questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 8/5/2017 12:31 (#6168919 - in reply to #6168399)
Subject: RE: Intelliview monitor questions

East Central, Nebraska
i will attempt this as much as i can.

i do not have an intelliview display. i do however have a new holland tractor. the intelliview appears to me to be the same as the pro monitors in the caseih line. these monitors are capable of isobus through the tractor display and are also used for steering when getting gps corrections from a 372 and other cnh/trimble gps reciever/antennas. these displays are also manage settings and steering components in these systems. they are also capable of planting and harvesting functions through the display. i am assuming since you say your using trimble products your likely using an fmx, cfx, or other trimble display. basically you took a different route. with certain intelliview monitors you currently have, and with a guidance ready vehicle, you could have added the 372 (or as i said other) gps and completed the steering solution, without using your trimble products but likely utilizing the same correction source (rtk, omni, rtx, waas).

so as for the iso part of your post, yes with a certain software version, and a particular intelliview display, and a tractor that likely already has the wiring, you can use that tractor for your isobus implements. problem is if your already doing that with a different display, or steering with that display through the tractors pre-existing wiring then it is obvious that those displays (inteliviews) wiring has been diverted to the 'popular' display rendering your intelliviews pretty useless. if that is the case, and your happy with your trimble displays then maybe you could consider selling your intelliviews to someone wanting to take that other route because it could be somewhat costly to utilize the intelliviews after purchasing the 372 and all the unlocks required. or obviously sell your trimble stuff and purchase the 372 and do all you want through the intelliview, though i don't think i would take that route but its really about operator (and the guy writing the check) preference

and as for your combine question, if you have the correct yield monitoring equipment, intelliview monitor, and a gps source, yes you can make the maps you desire. your 500 gps should be perfectly capable to providing gps location to that inteliview and making the maps you would like.

hopefully this makes some sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)