AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intelliview monitor questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

henk1122
Posted 8/5/2017 17:26 (#6169305 - in reply to #6168919)
Subject: RE: Intelliview monitor questions

Thanks for your explanation, that makes a lot of sense! Still some things are unclear for me :).

We are using some FMX displays on guidance ready new hollands. But we are also using EZ Guide 500 with an EZ steer system. We'll stick with trimble for now, it's working fine and it's compatible with a lot of different equipment.
We don't have these 372 antennas. We only have these simple receivers with an antenna output, which plugs directly in a FMX display. Also an extra radio antenna for receiving RTK.

About the ISO bus. For example, on of our big balers (BB9080) have an IntelliView III monitor. On this monitor there is a menu item called VT. Virtual terminal, as far as I know. This is some sort of protocol so you can display any interface on any VT compatible device, right? I saw this menu item in one of our tractor (IntelliView IV monitor), but not in some other tractor (IntelliView III monitor). Why is this, do I need to pay extra for this or something? Besides that, could I simply plug the big baler into the tractor and everything works or... ? The isobus connector on the back is hardwired to a cable inside the cabin. As far as I know , only power from the tractor is provided. I also did read something about the baler controlling the speed of the tractor. But i'm not sure if this is already possible, would be cool tho.

About the combines:
I really wanna do some simple yield mapping to start with. All the combines are equipped with moisture sensor and yield sensor. They all have different IntelliView displays: I, II, III and IV . The harvester with the IntelliView III monitor is also driving with a Trimble EZ Guide 500 with EZ steer. I did read something that the EZ Guide 500 can output the GPS data through a serial line towards the IntelliView display. This would be really cool to start with, but I can't find what the pinout is of the serial connector on the back (or in the cable towards the T2 box). Also I can't find which connector I should be connecting towards. Neither the pinout of this connector. It should be simple as connecting the TX from the 500 to the RX from the intelliview right? And then on the intelliview setting up the gps receiver as rs232A with the correct baudrate.

I'm currently expirimenting with exporting the data from the combine harvesters so we know the total yield. Unfortinally, not much information is provides. I can't even see how much fuel I used per field for example. I can see this on the harvester itself (in the summery display) but not when I read it from the usb data logger in farm works. Someone knows if I could export some more data? (Or will this available when creating these maps?)

Edited by henk1122 8/5/2017 17:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)