AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

?? on Swath Control for applying NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/23/2008 12:17 (#514418 - in reply to #513721)
Subject: RE: ?? on Swath Control for applying NH3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
SamsDad - 11/22/2008 15:49

I spent my morning making boundaries that are 80 feet in from the fenceline/ditch/etc... Reason being, we strip till and don't want to do the ends till last so we don't have tracks all over them from turning or going after another tank.  Using an Insight, I just drove the tractor down the line with an offset to the left 73 feet. 

Yes, I can see how this could work. It sounds like you saved and exported your current boundaries before you did this in case you want to use the "old" ones again.

For those who may not be following this, the Product will be shut off properly with Autoswath on the Insight. Generally the Product is shutoff on the ends because Autoswath senses that the area has already been applied. That would not work in this case because the ends haven't been applied.

In this siutation they have purposely created new field boundaries that are 80' inside the actual boundary of the field. The Insight is generally setup to shutoff the product when it is outside a field boundary so the Insight will leave the 80' headland as desired. This "trick" will not work with all Autoswath controllers since many of them do not utilize the boundary concept.

This reminded me of a customer (Insight) who asked me if he could have two sets of boundaries associated with a given field. In his case we wanted one set to be Outer and Inner Boundaries where the other set was just Outer Boundaries. This had something to do with his planting versus spraying situations and waterways.

I played with this a bit on the bench (haven't done it in field situations) and it appears that a current boundary can be saved to the memory card and then a new boundary created. That new boundary could also be saved to the memory card. Then the operator could load whichever boundary was appropriate for that day's activities.

In this case, it might be possible to load the first boundary into SMS and then erase the Inner Boundaries that he wishes to disappear and then resave it to the memory card.

Once he has the various boundaries on the memory card it appears that they could be loaded at will. It would be fairly important to name them with meaningful names to avoid later confusion.

Edited by tedbear 11/23/2008 12:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)