AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-Till openers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 11/19/2008 08:37 (#510553 - in reply to #510498)
Subject: Re: No-Till openers

Martinsville, Ohio
I don't know the answer to your questions Eero but I sent your post to some who might have some ideas. I have no idea of cost and shipping to Finland but I am sure you do. I know you are doing a good job but you want to do better. The John Deere single disk works great on American corn planters. Drills are all pretty much stock here unless they went the Martin route. A John Deere drill here modified will plant successfully about anywhere you can pull it. That is RID gauge wheel tire and spiked closing wheel. Closing wheel might not work as well on your clays. We have 1-6 % OM around here so the effect varies greatly. Cover crops really help but you are limited there too because of your climate and soils.

I have some pictures of South American drills I took at SIMA in Paris almost two years ago now. Are you going to SIMA? We won't be there next spring, like to visit Australia/New Zealand and South America first. Exchange rate is good for America down under with Aussie dollar at $1.54 and New Zealand $1.80 to American Dollar right now.

Good Luck whatever you do.

Ed Winkle
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)