AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bourbon drinkers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Burgess159
Posted 7/6/2017 15:01 (#6109078 - in reply to #6104698)
Subject: Try something higher end or smoother perhaps

Troy, Missouri
You might try something more smooth. Certain bourbons or whiskeys have more bite to them. Like, take your breath away and make you cough and splutter. Jack Daniels does that to me, but if you get a thing of Gentleman's Jack or Single Barrel Jack, those are smooth.

I have been on a kick for a while of trying different, small batch bourbons/ whiskeys. Woodfoord Reserve is good. Angel's Envy Cask Strength is fairly smooth. I liked Noah's Mill. The best and smoothest one I've had so far is Elmer T Lee. It was hard to find though and was around $60.00 but most definitely worth it and we were able to get it for our wedding for the toast =) I did have a friend who got a bottle of Crown Royal Hand Selected Single Barrel for around $45.00 and that was pretty darn good too. The other best I have had was Blanton's Single Barrel. I only got a glass of it from a restaurant that had it, and it was just as smooth as water going down (just like that Elmer T Lee I mentioned). Didn't burn or anything and had a great taste. Again though, this one is hard to find and I've heard it is around $60 + If you see one of their bottles though, you'll remember it; it's a round bottle with a racing horse on top of the cork. One more that I have been wanting to try and just haven't got to it yet is Booker's; they have many different styles/ flavors so I don't have a specific one in mind.

If you want to acquire the taste, you might try and get something higher end, like I was talking about. Granted, I've never had/ heard of Buffalo Trace and maybe it's good whiskey, not sure. If not though, something higher end (not necessairly always higher price, just ask your friends for recommendations) will go down and taste much smoother. See if your friends don't have something you can try, maybe even a few of those I have listed above. See if you like it before you spend $40-60 + on something that you may not like. Most of those higher end drinks (and probably some of the lower end ones too) have different tastes and smells and hints of things. Also, I wouldn't let the ice melt a whole bunch. It smoothes it out yes, but it takes away a lot of the flavor. I'm not saying chug it, but I would start sipping on it soon as you put the ice cube in your glass to get the best taste of it. That or put the bottle of your drink in the freezer and then just pour it in a glass with no ice.

Hope you find something you like!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)