AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere's Master Plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gwagner
Posted 6/27/2017 18:03 (#6092898 - in reply to #6092801)
Subject: RE: John Deere's Master Plan

One other point that “Big Data” companies don’t tell you.

The “Raw Data” is your data, at any time you can get that back. Every “Big Data” company has this as their first statement, “It the Farmer’s Data”.

BUT…if they process the data (convert it into a yield map, atomize the data with others, etc. ) IT IS NO LONGER YOUR DATA. That is why these companies only want "RAW DATA", if they accepted processed information they have a problem. Once your data is processed (converted into another format) you no longer have control of that data.

Several years ago I went to a training session at Deere for Apex. My yield map (from my farm) was used as one of the training exercises. I objected and asked where they had the right to use this map. I never gave them permission. The only time I sent data to Deere was I was having problems with my backup in Apex. I was told once Deere has data in house they can use it accordingly.

Another example, I have a friend that sells satellite imagery. He purchases the raw image; he can convert it into all sort of byproducts, NDVI, NIR, etc. , he can never sell the raw image (the RAW IMAGE is owned by the Satellite Company), but anything else is HIS!

Edited by gwagner 6/27/2017 21:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)