AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barn gutters plugging problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 4/23/2017 19:46 (#5978792 - in reply to #5978421)
Subject: RE: Barn gutters plugging problem

I built one from copper tubing and fittings. Put a shut off valve at the bottom hose connection. I haven't found it really great at cleaning the gutter.

A bigger downspout is beneficial and making sure that there aren't screws sticking inside to capture leaves.

A tool I have found that is better than the water nozzle is called Gutter Sense. Its basically a pair of tongs that mount on the end of a broom stick or painter's pole with a string and rope to close them. It definitely works, it would be clumsier on a 22 foot pole needed for a gutter 25 feet above the ground than my 9 foot pole.

I also picked up a 4x6" mirror and mounted it on the end of a pole of 1/2" pvc pipe so I can use it to inspect the results of my cleaning.

I had a problem with an extension ladder slipping on my back deck and I don't like ladders so much any more. Didn't get hurt but was awfully close. A friend in town was working on a neighbor's roof cleaning their gutter and fell off. He spent at least 6 months in a rehab facility. Falling is OK but landing is hard on people.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)