AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pricing Watershed Mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 4/10/2017 15:58 (#5955871 - in reply to #5954662)
Subject: RE: Pricing Watershed Mapping

WC Mn/Dakotas
Used for what purposes and what resolution?

Tiling and surface drainage i would want something more accurate and higher resolution than just lidar. That is where gk shines as it can merge lidar and rtk. So the link to gk that was posted was $1.50/acre for rtk based map if you provide the rtk data (it doesnt list lidar as part of this map service, but not sure what you had done) or $8/acre if you have them go out and collect rtk data and then map it.

Now for zone building for soil sampling i might bring in a lidar layer at 2-3 meter resolution and run the watershed modeling at that resolution to see where general hills and depressions are and a basic flow if surface water, but i definitely would not use that for designing tile or sd drain. I have used that for a guy that was just blindly running around with a scraper so he had some idea.

So i would say there is a certain amount of time, equipment and expertise minimum to consider on real small acreages. Large fields have more data points to handle and clean up.

Some times you need real high resolution, some times less resolution actually is much more helpful. All depends on purpose of using a certain data layer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)