AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agricultural Podcasts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/30/2008 02:37 (#493895 - in reply to #493204)
Subject: Re: Agricultural Podcasts

Owen, to give you an idea of what I like, look at an issue of Farmshow magazine. I am always amazed at what some farmer can not only dream up, but manufacture and get running in order to save some labor, or do something a little better. I like the product reports, and I like the tips and tricks kind of things in the back of the magazine. As for Successful Farming, I assumed it was a similar magazine, but have been disappointed in that it seems like it's more a running commentary in every issue about the latest Farm Bill news from Washington. What would I like in a podcast? Short market news, news about farming (not all Farm bill stuff) from different parts of the country, I would even listen to someone reading the tips or letters to the editor like those in the back of Farmshow.
Farmers are pretty good at ingenious ways of doing things, big and small, or better ways of doing things, and hearing how another farmer might make a common task easier would be useful. Comments about different machinery, comments about shortages of machinery, comments about what affects machinery prices, etc. would be interesting. Not all of it would have to come from extension agents. Even chatting with some old farmers about various old pieces of machinery or tractors would be fun. There might be some farmers that would discuss tips for different crops or other farming operations that would be handy for younger guys just starting out. You look around here, and there's always questions on something, and many other guys offering tips or suggestions on what will help another farmer.

Just some thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)