AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morton Building opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 1/29/2017 13:53 (#5802526 - in reply to #5801844)
Subject: RE: Morton Building opinions

Best I can tell from getting prices 15 years or so ago, Morton was the most expensive. Getting quotes at farm shows was in minutes from Morton, some places took my print but never quoted. Some quoted with lower eaves than required for side wall doors with adequate clearance for things I wanted to put in. Asked for 14' high doors and some quoted 14' foot high eaves which can't work.

Checking for snow loads, Cleary was often the cheapest but in the fine print not rated for typical central Iowa snow loads.

I went with a Wicks for the second building on my farm and it has done well and was significantly cheaper than a Morton to the same specifications. The crew worked hard and their boss rejected one big board from the factory shipment and chopped the split board into fire wood and got another delivered. It was the top of the north wall and a board his crew was going to spend considerable time sitting on it. The posts are laminated with good ground contact treatment for the buried parts and the tin is all screwed on, no nails.

I have a Morton at the house, at least the third owner, I've asked the nearest Morton office to help with the sticky sliding doors but in 7 years haven't seen anyone from that office show up. I have fixed the doors myself.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)