AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morton Building opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

R2farm
Posted 1/29/2017 12:19 (#5802287 - in reply to #5801844)
Subject: RE: Morton Building opinions

sw Nebraska
I think it is going to boil down to your particular sales location. I put up a 60X100X16 in 2012, needed the sec 179 for the year, put down money in Feb, site was ready by Sept, salesman promised he could get it done. We finished harvest late October and no action, called salesman, he tried to weasel out of promise, started climbing the ladder, went to the top at Morton HQ, and only dealt with Location manager from then on. Crew came in February, they were very professional, cleaned up at night, respectful of our farm activities, like not blocking driveways etc. Building had very good lumber and building is straight, level and plumb. It has a 24 foot overhead (Raynor) and a 36 foot slider. The double slider hangs on a steel I-beam and rolls very easy. I made a list of slight imperfections and gave to the crew boss and all were fixed before the crew left. A year and a half later I noticed a truss chord starting to split, really minor, about a half inch splitting away. Location manager retired and salesman I had problems with was now manager. I called about the splitting truss, they sent new salesman to look at it, asked him if he wanted me to run him up in my man lift , he said no he could take pictures and he said it was non-structural anyway. Manager said building was out of warranty, and it would be $1800 to fix by sandwiching the affected board with a 2X8X8 on each side. I told them to tell me how they wanted it done as I could easily do the repairs for less $100, no deal. I sent them a document to sign that stated defect was non-structural and they would not sign saying they did not have sufficient evidence to make that claim as they were not close enough to the truss to tell. I took a look from my man lift and it was readily apparent the crack was started by metal banding during transport. Minden Nebraska office. Apparently Scottsbluff is much better, but they won't bid me for whatever reason.

Edited by R2farm 1/29/2017 15:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)