AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH 1245 Early Riser Spacing Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

newag1
Posted 3/25/2016 16:28 (#5199338 - in reply to #5199306)
Subject: RE: Case IH 1245 Early Riser Spacing Issues

WNW Illinois, Henry Co
I would think you have some good suggestions already, but make sure the planter is running level with the ground. on ours we have to run the front of the bar about 8 inches higher to get the frame level on the row mountings. with the front low, your seed boots are not in the ground correctly and you will get erractic spacing. when I looked at the main weldment that holds the pull beam to the cross bar, you could see the big wing fold cylinder were out of square enough they would touch on the front of cylinder, (might have been the back) been so long ago don't remember. anyway they said " that is the way they all are" insinuating I might be off more then the cylinder. LOL we just keep the front elevated the 8 inches to make run level works fine, but still should not be that way I think.

I just know that not being level will cause depth and spacing issues because the seed shoe and closing disks cant do their job if you bunching up make sure there is no obstruction in the area where the meter mounts to the seed tube, any exposure there is a problem also.

bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)