AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate me on RTK over CORS, please?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mountain Mechanic
Posted 2/10/2016 19:24 (#5102438 - in reply to #5100870)
Subject: RE: Educate me on RTK over CORS, please?

The max recommended baseline distance for vertical is 2 miles. I would not recommend running on a CORS network for vertical applications. When you start sticking pipe in the ground dollars adds up fast. Spend a little more up front on a good RTK system so you are happy with the result. Unless you are using Deer's newest receiver you are already starting with a disadvantage because all of Deere's older receivers are sigma 1 receivers. I have heard their newest receiver is better, maybe a sigma 2. If you find some of the older Deere ads and look at the fine print they say sub-inch accurate 68% of the time, that is a sigma 1. A sigma 2, Raven and Trimble I know for sure, are sub-inch accurate 95% of the time. Also keep in mind these numbers are for horizontal accuracy. Whatever a receiver will do out to 8 miles horizontally will only go out 2 miles vertically, generally speaking. I know guys are going farther in certain situations, and I have tiled 6 miles from my base but I know what I have and have done extensive testing with the system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)