AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cutting "Select" for use in an Injection System
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jal1975
Posted 6/22/2008 11:25 (#402396 - in reply to #402343)
Subject: RE: Cutting "Select" for use in an Injection System

East Central Illinois
I see no reason why you plan wouldn't work. I have only ever had roundup in my injection tanks, but I know of others who have done all types of products, including dry flowable that where premix in a water solution so they could be injected.

I will be mixing select in my sprayer, still injecting only the roundup. I share my case sprayer with a neighbor, I am all roundup corn, he is all Non-gmo white corn. He is all roundup ready soybeans, I have a few non-gmo's. Injecting the roundup makes it very easy for us to clean out as we trade the sprayer back and forth, many, many times during the year. Even more so this year. I also like to be able to change the rate on the go.

I think I would would mix a small batch of Select and water first in your ratio and see how well it stays mixed. Let it sit for a day or two, see if there is any visual difference. If need be, tank agation could be add to keep the solution mixed up. A small 12 v pump could handle this task with no problem I would think. It may not be required, but would be bad if the select settled to the bottom of the tank and got pulled out first leaving the water on the top.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)