AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

47x0 Swath Control Settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JustinW
Posted 6/1/2008 09:36 (#388606 - in reply to #388497)
Subject: Re: 47x0 Swath Control Settings

Kenosha, WI
Sorry for starting two topics on one subject line. The swath pro mapping from what I have found can be completely cleaned up by changing the turn on/off times. I don't think this is an issue that everyone has, just a few of us. I haven't put foam in the foamer yet this year, but I wish I had a big enough set of balls to trim my on/off times down to create a perfect map. I'm too afraid of what the field might look like in two weeks if it does leave skips. Everyone has a different style of "headland takeoff" and field size and sprayer speed. I think what might work for one guy may not work for another.

My other topic is the eratic rate after filling or running empty. My sprayer was new last year. I know it has the air vent line on the pump and i'm pretty sure it also has one for the boom. The issue almost has to be air related. I have also tried shutting the pump off for 2 minutes in the field hoping air would bubble up to the vents. It don't usually help. Running it on a manual pressure for 2 or so acres is the best way I've found to correct it. I've checked the flow meter several times and its always clean. My only other guess is pump off pressure could affect something. I usually have that about 40. If I do run the sparge the valve is about 1/2 open. Problems seem to happen more with roundup and water, than with Keystone LA (corn pre) and water. maybe unrelated?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)