AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

47x0 Swath Control Settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sakeller
Posted 5/29/2008 23:02 (#387371 - in reply to #386929)
Subject: Re: 47x0 Swath Control Settings

Camrose, Alberta
The on/off settings are measured in seconds not distance from the boundry. This is improtant to remember since you should not accelerate as you approach your on/off boundry, because the GS2 will not compensate for acceleration. On my 4720 the on delay is at 1.5 seconds and the off is at 1.0 seconds. I admit the on delay could be lower (1.2 sec) but that way if a guy does accelerate a little then you won't miss.

I assume you are running a brown box (rate controller) and a GS2. If you watch on the brown box the individual booms turn on/off when the servos actually move, then a second later the mapping starts on the GS2 and you hear the bleep. eg. When I am turning on the headland and approach the field the brown box shows the boom turn on then 1.5 seconds later the mapping on the GS2 starts and you hear the beep. This is what you are experiencing when you see a miss on the GS2 mapping, but actually not on the field.

The on time would be more vaiable from sprayer to sprayer, due to differences in the controller setup, volume being applied, speed, etc. When you are setting up your on time, ideally you want the sprayer spraying at the target rate when it enters the "to be sprayed" area. What I mean is the rate controller needs a little extra time to bring the flow (or pressure) up to the desired rate. As you know when the master switch is first hit the sprayer is usually underapplying and the rate controller must bring up the flow. Some of the factors affecting the speed your rate controller hits the target rate are: controller setting (1-5, factory setting 3, but guys who travel faster than 13 mph tend to set it at 4), boom charge setting (off, manual or auto, if set on manual then what you have your manual rate pressure set at will make a difference), spray off pressure.

Like I said before I run 1.5 seconds for on, 1.0 seconds for off. I mostly spray at 10 gal/acre, 13 mph, controller setting at 3, boom charge auto, spray off pressure 50 psi. But most importantly once I get turned I accelerate from 7mph to 10mph a good 90 feet before the booms have to turn on and I wait till the booms turn on until I accellerate to 13 mph.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)