AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

47x0 Swath Control Settings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ndarbuckle
Posted 5/29/2008 10:06 (#386939 - in reply to #386929)
Subject: RE: 47x0 Swath Control Settings

The skips in the map can be tricky to get ride off. There is a setting in there that tells the GS2 how far behind the reciever the boom is. I think that is where the coverage problem comes from. I have seen this problem on my pull type sprayer running the rate controller.

5 GPA nozzles can be tricky. I would image that you controller is shutting off at the right time, it just takes time for the pressure to bleed off with 5 GPA nozzles on the sprayer. There is a check valve in the nozzle body that shuts off when the pressure drops down to a pre set limit. You may have to try different check valves in the nozzle body. YOu will want to put in a 17 psi or higher check valve if you can get them, the nozzle body on the deere is made by hypro so any supplier of hypro should be able to get you the check valve you need. Other wise you can play with times on the swath controll page. I think the problem will go away when you switch to a higher rate, if you dont do alot of 5 gpa work I wouldnt worry about it.

Edited by ndarbuckle 5/29/2008 10:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)