AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere co.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 7/30/2006 08:54 (#31118 - in reply to #30638)
Subject: RE: John Deere co.-Support and Service

Support, support, and support. Go to JohnDeereParts.com and you will have your answer. Due to budget I have to run 70's and 80's equipment. Whenever I need parts I can go there and find the part, cost, and even see how many my local dealer has it in stock-even for really old stuff. If they don't they will have it in 24 hours. No one else even comes close to having that kind of support. The parts desk people really appreciate it too when you can call in with a part #. I can't believe Deere has had their site up that long and AGCO and IH still haven't responded.

I do have some implements of other colors. Whenever I have gone in for parts (for a 1984 IH drill once)-the dealer just looked at me like I was pond scum and told me about some aftermarket catalogs where I may be able to get some parts for it-thanks a lot. Also a couple times I have gotten stuck I have called the Deere shop and one of their techs will get on and walk me through it-that means a lot-could just be our local dealership but based on my other experiences I know that wouldn't be happening from our IH dealer.

I do have one smaller Massey tractor, and I must say their shop has been fair with me and done good work. But the lack of that online catalog is big.

Also as I have been upgrading my equipment I haven't yet sold a single piece of greeen equipment for less than I paid for it. That may be true with other brands as well but right are wrong more people in our area want green-so knowing that I will be trading up eventually the resale makes the decision easier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)