AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere co.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Big One
Posted 7/28/2006 17:22 (#30678 - in reply to #30638)
Subject: RE: John Deere co.

This is how I see Deere. Even if they were not the best at anything (which IMHO they are the best at a few) they do a lot of things very well.
I’m employed by a competitor of Deere and I can tell you this much Deere is the standard that a lot of other manufacturers gauge success.
In a lot of cases Deere parts and service are above average. Deere understands customer needs very well. This allows them to meet a lot of needs of their end users.
Last but not least they have one of the best marketing groups in the business. While all of the major manufacturers in the Ag business are recognizable none are as far known as Deere. For those of you that doubt this last summer while in New York with the family we ran across a clothing store selling Deere clothing. Those people hardly new what a tractor was but they new John Deere. Owning green paint brings more than a good product. It also buys pride and a bit of status among your peers.
Before everyone starts coming down on me let me tell you this. I am not a huge Deere fan. I grew up with red equipment and work for yet another equipment company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)