AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere co.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 7/28/2006 21:28 (#30739 - in reply to #30730)
Subject: RE: John Deere co.

I would disagree. We run Agco and have few problems with our dealer. Always has parts or can get them usually the next day. I believe the only reason Deere has such resale is that there are hardcore greenies out there to buy them. Which goes back to those that are color blind to other brands. If people are so brain washed to only buy green, that is all they will look for, therefore competing against others of their kind causing the value to stay up. I myself wouldn't have a green tractor. In 1992 we were looking for a 160 hp tractor and a green one was $30,000 higher for basically the same tractor we ended up buying- an Agco White. Now, I know what you would think, no resale. I would bet when we get rid of it, we wouldn't have made $30,000 more if we would have had the Deere. We have had no trouble with the White. Has 3000 hours on it and has never even had a clutch put in. It has a Cummins engine and is as strong as a horse. We call it old reliable.
You people might have a worthy arguement with the Deere dealership network being better, but I think for the most part, you resale line is a bunch of crap. I'd bet there are as many green lemons out there as there are any other brand- they are just called limes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)