AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairyman, Ed, Buster, on travel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 6/3/2014 07:36 (#3899556 - in reply to #3899514)
Subject: RE: Dairyman, Ed, Buster, on travel

S.C. Wisconsin
We could sit here and debate this for a week and never come to a consensus. Where we winter there are very few rigs that are of the same configuration. Ours needs were to have a comfortable place to live for a couple of months, have ground transportation, and be able to bring our RZR along. We opted for a motor home that we pull a 20 ft car trailer which hauls our compact suv, and our RZR. Some people have heavy duty pickups and pull toy haulers, some pull 5th wheelers with a small trailer behind, (in some states this is illegal), I have seen some convert an semi tractor into a fifth wheel hauler with a box on it for their toys, ( not very handy if you want to venture away). I always say to look at your own situation and needs. We happen to like the motor home as we can usually camp where the action is with all of the basic needs built in. Down fall as I see it is that it's a very complex system and it helps a lot to be handy as there is a lot of maintenance on an RV, I am kind of a gear head so it's not so bad for me. We do a fair amount of road trips so our compact suv is nice having to tour around. But no matter what you choose don't expect very much for fuel mileage, I traveled with a fellow last year with a 24 ft toy hauler and a F150 and he spent more on fuel than I did with my diesel pusher. So pick your poison and enjoy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)