AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What it would take to make cattle appealing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BULLGUY
Posted 5/21/2014 15:39 (#3881561 - in reply to #3881152)
Subject: RE: What it would take to make cattle appealing

Hey Carl, you expanding after that big pay cheque a couple of weeks ago, talked to PC, he sayz you were the volume buyer at his bred hfr sale and in fact if you had not been there running every lot, his hfrs would have sold for 250 or so less.
Then I'm at Chester's the other day, looking over the bulls, he tells me these 3 are Carl's, I sayz, CC, he said "how would you know CC", well, when they are the best 3 French Char bulls in the pen, you have to know CC was there to buy one, then he buys 2, then he says, "I better buy that other good one".
Carl, nice set of bulls, they will make difference, then Chester sayz, "hey CC bought 3 last fall to", I sayz, Carls got a whole lot of money now".
And truthfully, it has come to be our day, BEEF/COW/CALF guys, bin a very long time coming, but I do not see an end. The continental cow herd is owned my old guys, I am convinced there will not be expansion, as old guys quit, will there equal new guys start, don't think so, this is the toughest of all ag enterprises, yes, we do have some down time when cows go to pasture, but, you better be at your station come calving time, breeding time, vaccination time, then there are the issues with the odd backwards calf, the odd possessive mother, the odd mean Ma that can beat the hell out of ya and the odd calf that can kick you right where the sun don't shine.
I had one old girl with a personality a few years ago, had her in the head gate to jack a calf, just when I got tightened up, she blew the biggest blast of S--t right in my face, had the wife running the head gate, and she says " all I could see was the whites of your eyes". I am sure the old B---h knew I was right lined up, good cow, have daughters, they are better.
Us cow guys are committed or we don't get the job done, and NOW, 1500 a calf, finally some money in the bank, we can fix some stuff that has been broken for a very long time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)