AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Renter won't move
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 5/19/2014 14:32 (#3878351 - in reply to #3878074)
Subject: RE: Renter won't move

West Tennessee
We have about a 50/50 success rate with going to court and getting judgement. With a judgement you can collect even years later. My wife saw a guy who owes us a bunch of money working at Wal-Mart the other night. We never got judgement on him so we can't garnish. The bad thing is a lot of these people have so many garnishments going sometimes you can't get anything anyway. One employer here requires that they pay all past judgements to be hired and so we can tell when that employer hires someone because they come in and pay up. We run credit reports on everyone so we can sort of track their new addresses and employers.

I had some more success stories too but after I typed out most of the first one I figured out some people wouldn't like the methods so I deleted that. In the rental business sometimes you have to do hard things to collect your money especially in poor communities like mine. There are LOTS of bad tenants around here. Being a landlord quickly cures your soft side for people's sad stories. Once you've heard more than 20 or 30 or 100 at some point you start to not believe any of them anymore. I laugh when people tell me what easy money it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)