AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is There hope for young farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 4/28/2014 07:57 (#3840892 - in reply to #3840781)
Subject: RE: Is There hope for young farmers

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
why dont you go buy some farms and farm them?????? i think i know the reason, but please consider it and after you have that second or third farm paid for and look back at all you gave up while paying for them farms you will see why that 80 yr old man or women values the almighty dollar and untill then i would do everything you can do to keep doing what you are doing but with a little differant angle if you want more land. The problem that I think most young farmers have today is they think they are entitled to a big farm and new tractor and planter and want to blame every old farmer for making too much money. blaming somone doesnt get you anywhere, Please dont reply with some excuse for why you cant buy a farm when its been hard to buy farms since the beginning of time and weather it be the 80 yr old, the 60 yr old, or the 40 yr old its always been hard to pull the trigger and sign a check for a farm. these seasoned(not old) and i mean seasoned farmers have lived threw alot and they are going to do what they want and as soon as you realize that you are probably going to be the one they will rent to. I had a stupid young farmer call me a month ago who bragged about renting 10000 ac and wanted to rent mine, I asked him how much land he owned with no lien it and he said he preferred to rent ground, i laughed and told him i would not rent to him and he still cant figure out why. that young farmer is paying $50 to $100 more per acre to get land just because he doesnt understand what his customer(landlord) wants. Good luck and never give up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)