AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats the dumbist thing a employie did?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 2/7/2014 02:15 (#3669596 - in reply to #3667321)
Subject: Re: Whats the dumbist thing a employie did?

Michigan.
"Ben" and another guy were tasked with cutting and stacking a bunch of 6-8' Sassafrass along the county drain edge in one of our fields.
I show them where I want the stuff piled up, so it could be gathered up later and burned elsewhere.

Come back 3-4 hours later and I start getting torqued because I don't see any piles, then I notice they are almost done with about 600' of cutting and relax a bit...then it hits me.
Yep.
The dorks piled up all of the brush IN the 15' deep 30' wide ditch. Damn near could walk accross it....

I made 'em haul it all back out, by hand. No way was I going to trust them with a tractor that close to a ditch than deep.

Of course my neighbor saw it, as his field borders on the other side of the drain.
He called to bust my nuts while I was still trying not to throttle the guys...of course.

Then there was "Julio".
Good kid. Lots of energy, positive attitude, wasn't afraid to work.
Just not so bright, and suffered ADD. Bad home situation, so we kept him on, so he had a place to be away from the mess.

I turned him loose with a brush saw(larger than normal weed eater with a saw blade) to attack a bunch of Blackberry that had come up in a field.
Made me nervous because he was working between Blueberry bushes, but he caught on quick.
He calls 2-3 hours later. "I got everything cleaned out, and knocked down that big clump by the pet Cemetary".

We don't have a pet cemetary.
The wife DID have a small Thornless raspberry patch with "T" trellises on the other side of the field.
The kid did a better than usual job...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)