AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats the dumbist thing a employie did?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 2/6/2014 15:21 (#3668124 - in reply to #3667321)
Subject: RE: Whats the dumbist thing a employie did?

Southeast Wyoming

Back in the late seventies, I hired an "experienced" tire guy at the co-op.  I noticed he was taking a lot of time on a pickup tire so I checked it out.  He was trying to get the tire off over the split rim ring.

Had another who fixed an implement tire for a local farmer.  Tire came back flat in a day or two.  Yes, he had misplaced a tire iron.

Shop cams in tire shops in those days would surely produce videos that would go viral on the internet with all the studs twisted off, the die grinder buffers ruining tubes and etc.

One diesel shop night foreman didn't have proper blocking for pulling a hub off a semi trailer.  When we came to work the next morning there were 2 or 3 3/4" drive sockets on top of the hydraulic jack holding up the axle.  WELL, it did work.  He pressed the back out a transmission case, not noticing he had not assembled it right.  That is the guy who taught me the difference between 20 years of experience and 1 year of experience 20 times.

Of course, we all surely have done many things which we look back upon and just shake our heads about today.  I remember extending the roller press too far and it pushed the end of the cylinder out.  It had happened before so they just welded it back in.  I turned around and did it again the next day.  OUCH

Edited by Gary Lyon 2/6/2014 15:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)