AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strange odor in my house?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thefoolishfarmer
Posted 1/6/2014 17:16 (#3580299)
Subject: Strange odor in my house?

South cental Ohio
Ok, I'm finally posting on here about a strange odor in my old farmhouse. It's been here ever since I have lived here since 1992. I'll try to describe it the best that I can... seems like: it's in the kitchen, under the sink, smells sorta like sauerkraut, and the weird thing is, it only appears when it's extremely cold outside and the wind blows a little bit from the north. The ONLY thing that I KNOW that is when I remodeled my house in 1992, there was an old cistern under my kitchen floor. It was covered up with boards and had water in it. (the cistern is unused and disconnected). My house is an original log cabin that has been added on to over the years- the kitchen being one of the additions. There is no crawl space under any part of my house. The floor joists are sitting right on the ground. That made it a b*tch running wires and water lines when I remodeled but that's beside the point LOL. I have thought of my sink drain leaking under the floor but I believe that it would smell in the summer and not when it's freezing cold outside like it is now (below zero). Seems like the colder it is, the worse the smell is. Some of you might think of a "dead mouse" smell but what's the chances of having a dead mouse EVERY winter and only when its cold LOL? So........ what are some of you peoples ideas as to what my nasty odor could be???????? Thanks and I will look from time to time at your replies and answer any question any of you may have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)