AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which RTK??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/17/2008 15:42 (#312134 - in reply to #312109)
Subject: RE: 252 + EZG 500

Pat H - 2/17/2008 14:12 The local dealer wanted to sell me a 500 because it talks so much better with the ez steer in addition to another radio which he couldn't give a model or name for (maybe it's a 252?).

If you go to Trimble's website here and click on cabling guide you can see many different ways to hook up the EZ-Guide 500. One of them is for setting it up with RTK and an EZ-Steer. According to that diagram you need a SiteNet 900 radio and somewhere else in the normal EZ-Guide 500 manual it says you need a Z+ antenna for OmniStar and RTK. Those are probably the two things that significantly add to the price of the EZ-Guide 500 on RTK. I would like to know if your dealer is charging more than normal of if that's the cost across the board. I've been making calls but many of the Trimble dealers I talk to in this area don't even deal with RTK that much yet and try to tell me I need the NavControllerII and other things for just hooking up to an EZ-Steer. Basically I'm having to learn this stuff on my own for now so I very much appreciate the price information.

I would imagine in general buying all these components separately would cost more than buying them in a package. I would still like to know the cost for individual pieces though. I wouldn't say your dealer is charging too much but I would like to hear what other people's experiences are.

As far as the 252 was concerned, I was under the impression that it wasn't only a receiver but also had something like the SiteNet 900 radio included in it but I no longer think that's the case. Therefore I doubt you can make the EZ-Guide+ run on RTK for $5000.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)