AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which RTK??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/17/2008 14:07 (#312047 - in reply to #311751)
Subject: RE: Which RTK??

Pat H - 2/17/2008 07:06 I'm leaning towards the base station type system since signal rental is pretty expensive ($3K yr 1, $1500/yr following years + $13K of additional equipment).

You say that it will require $13K of additional equipment. What all does that include. Is this a Trimble network or something else? We were thinking about possibly getting a 252 receiver for $5000 and hooking it to our EZ-Guide+ and then renting the signal at a price slightly cheaper than what you were saying. I still haven't been able to talk to anyone to tell me if that will actually work though. Maybe that setup doesn't even work but if it does it sounds tempting compared to the mojoRTK. $5000 now to make the EZ-Guide+ into RTK on a rented signal and then if we decide it's really worth it later we can buy our own Trimble base station which will be admittedly much more expensive than the mojoRTK but it will also leave us with hopefully a lot more room to grow relative to the mojoRTK system.

Edit: I don't want anyone to think based on this post you can make your EZ-Guide+ run on RTK for $5000. I thought the 252 included a radio but I have discovered this is not the case. 

Edited by dpilot83 2/17/2008 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)