AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which RTK??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 2/17/2008 08:06 (#311751)
Subject: Which RTK??

We bought an 8 row corn head and will continue to plant 12 rows - rather than buy a new planter I'd like to use rtk since we can also use it for applying manure, nitrogen and spraying. I have a EZG+ and EZ Steer w/T2. I have not used the ezsteer and t2 - didn't need it for spraying, but I'm pretty sure the way the waas signal was working on the ezg+ that it will be inadequate for planting or applying manure 5 rows at a time (strip till sort of)

The mojo rtk looks great and was really cheap, but it appears to have some drawbacks like needing to spend more money to get some important features. However, I don't know of much for $13K that will interface with the ez steer and have a base station. Is there another choice that would allow me to build on my investment? I'm leaning towards the base station type system since signal rental is pretty expensive ($3K yr 1, $1500/yr following years + $13K of additional equipment).

Thanks,

Pat

PS: I've seen some rtk stuff on ebay that appears to be for surveying - will any of these work in our application?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)