AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

exports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 11/13/2013 05:26 (#3441198 - in reply to #3441181)
Subject: here is a better real story

Lubbock, Texas
spring break Galveston, Texas the year of our lord 19 and 86

me and a really big group of friends met a couple of guys in the car next to ours on the beach and they were pretty cool so we told them hey we are having a big party tonight at this beach house you can swing by (back when people knew enough to know that meant them not them and 500 more people)

they showed up well into the party and we were already out of beer (save for the single can of carling black label that no one would drink and that stayed in the fridge the entire week).......we had dispatched more people to get more beer already, but these three wanted to catch up fast

so one of them grabs a can of half full beer off the bar counter (left by some girl of course ugh) and before we could all scream STOP he hoisted that can up and you could see the beer running from the can and pouring into his mouth......and then the cigarette butt

he and his friends were so humiliated that they left even after we all repeatedly told them hey man no big deal you were trying and just stay and have fun more fresh beer is on the way

the week just got better and better from there especially for me!....that was one great trip

and you are also forgetting all the people that show up to the party already loaded and looking for more and you have obviously never met any of my friends from back in the day that could start fast and strong and finish stronger (especially because they had me to drive them around as the non-drinker at the time)

and even those that can pound it, "return/regurgitate it" and go right back for more and keep on going like the energizer bunny

so one blip in the road, one cigarette butt in your beer, a little puking......it is really only meaningful if you let it get you down or get in your way of keeping on and you don't power through it and double down to end the night in spectacular fashion :)

you need new party friends!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)