AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fencing - pounded RR ties in today. Hard to believe. (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 8/20/2013 22:57 (#3279262 - in reply to #3279201)
Subject: RE: Fencing - pounded RR ties in today. Hard to believe. (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

These RR ties come from Nelson's in Viroqua. I bought two bundles of them at their spring sale. The price was pretty reasonable. Most of them have the steel mesh at the ends. I had no splits other than one small corner came off as I was trying to drive it sideways a bit. That did not work. They may have more good ones left if you want to give them a call.  Or try Johnson's Onestop in Seneca WI, east of Prairie, which is closer to you. They all probably vary from load to load.

One bundle is a bit better quality than the other. I think the key is where do they come from and why were they taken out.  I doubt you will ever find used ties like these at Menards.

This fence is a new perimeter fence that runs along two fairly busy roads. I want a very stout perimeter fence here. I went back and forth between barb or high tensile but decided to go high tensile on this one. Electrifying the third wire up will keep the cows from pushing on it and also provide a hot wire to tap into anyplace around where I want to connect a semi permanent single hot wire interior divider or temporary rotational grazing cross wire.

This is not a spot I want a call that cows are out on the road!

Jim

Edited by Jim 8/21/2013 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)