AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Branding......waste of time anymore?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chadincolo
Posted 1/17/2008 16:57 (#285484 - in reply to #285439)
Subject: RE: Branding......waste of time anymore?

Lander, WY
Don't plan on shipping to Colorado without a brand:

35-43-101. Brands on livestock - evidence.
Statute text
It is lawful to mark cattle and horses with the owner's brand. When animals are brought into this state from another state or a territory in transit from beyond the boundaries of this state, the brand, or a copy thereof, duly certified to by the proper officer in each state or territory, shall be received in evidence, with like force and effect as a brand duly recorded in this state.

35-43-129. Branding of calves required - exceptions.
Statute text
(1) It is unlawful for any person, company, or corporation to sell, offer for sale, slaughter, or move, either within the state or to a destination outside of Colorado, any calf under weaning age that is not branded with a Colorado recorded brand of the owner of the mother cow. A brand upon any calf shall be past the peeling state at the time that a calf is sold, offered for sale, slaughtered, or moved, except in the following cases:

(a) When the calf is accompanied by its branded ownership-proven mother;

(b) When the calf is accompanied by a current brand certificate issued by a duly authorized Colorado brand inspector after inspection at a time when such calf is with its branded ownership-proven mother;

(c) When the calf is a registered purebred breed or pure dairy breed, but this exception shall not apply to a crossbred calf.

As far as I know, no cattle change ownership in Colorado without being brand inspected, including 4H calves at county fairs... I think I'd be talking to someone on the brand board in Kansas if I were you...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)