AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consumer mentality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

david ecpa
Posted 1/15/2008 18:59 (#283958 - in reply to #283881)
Subject: Re: Consumer mentality

ecpa
Interesting Personal experience. Last Friday I attended a retreat ( brain wash session ) at my college of employment. After the lecture we were treated to Lunch of our choice. I was seated with my boss and three other men from my dept which is transportation at Lehigh. My boss is also in charge of the gas station on campus and somehow the topic of biofuels came up soon after sitting down. Now I am not good at debates but that is where I ended up. I believe the recent edition of National Geographic brought on the debate between us. Long story short is, I was on the defensive most of the time. I guess what I am saying is be prepared to defend all the time. We here in Pa. have for the most part No access to ethanol and when college types see farmers making money there is no end to their twisted minds. These people just don"t think the way we do.

My boss was offered biodiesel at cut rates along with new tanks just so the Powers-to-be could say Lehigh is green and using biodiesel. We run a bus and auto rental fleet and even with cut rates could not use it as cost of delivery put it way above crude. Point here, I feel the midwest ethanol plants dropped the ball on this ethanol and diesel by not secureing a market for the products before overproduceing. If you can't deliver it you can't sell it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)