AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consumer mentality
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/15/2008 20:56 (#284069 - in reply to #283980)
Subject: Re: Consumer mentality

I don't mean to beat this subject to death and I am not a world traveler by any means, but Americans are somewhat spoiled as our supermarkets are generally full of food and variety. There are some countries which lack this luxury. I am sure there are many elderly Europeans who've seen empty shelves.

And of course, again not to send a sharp electric bolt of anxiety through anyone...the USSR collective farms were formed by Stalin because he liquidated most of the farmers. Millions. Why? Because in period of short supply, which was frequent over there, ..the peasants held back a bit of their food as a supply against short crops, so they could eat....which did not permit a consistent flow to the urban areas....he did not liquidate that many urban folks. Message. Until after the Presidential debates try to cut back a little on your personal food consumption. People hate filling up that giant SUV..but they don't blame the local service station. They hate even moreso to pay high prices for food. Seldom thinking about how conveniently our food is packaged. If you note small groups forming when you come to town, return home, or keep your trips quick.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)