AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Mkts Support $5-6+ Corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 1/13/2008 17:58 (#282396 - in reply to #282358)
Subject: RE: What Mkts Support $5-6+ Corn?

north central Oklahoma
Meat products stemming from the use of grains to produce said item including eggs I think should go up in price. Despite what bellyaching we hear, we still have cheap food in this country. But, anything simply produced from the milling of grains should not go up as much as they will likely go up in the near future. All of AG will be painted as the bad guys and the root cause of all price increases in the grocery realm. Here is where we need a powerful lobbyist to 'splain what is actually going on. I know I am preaching to the choir, but a box of cereal or a loaf of bread, despite the grain price increases should not go upbut a dime due to raw product price escalation, but watch and see what happens, it will be much more than that. Our grain taxes we pay at the dump pit are to aid in the promotion of same and help sustain price, they say. Do ya think they had anything to do with this? But I bet they are thumping their chest at meetings taking at least partial credit for it. Now they should be out there thumping for us telling the public they are about to get ripped off by the manufacturing/packaging/advertising industry who will point the finger of blame at the farmer, and as long as they get their story on the news aty 5:00 first, that's the story that averyone will remember, not the retraction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)