AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS 2 - variable rate liquid and dry fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/14/2008 08:27 (#282834 - in reply to #282239)
Subject: Re: GS 2 - variable rate liquid and dry fertilizer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I don't have any experience with the Deere 2600. I am curious if it supports dry situations. Generally the dry situation is more difficult to work with.

The main problem can come about with split sections. If the entire rig is in just one section then the situation is much more straightforward.

Generally on liquid machines the product delivered is measured by a flowmeter. If half the booms are off then the flow rate per minute should be cut in half. Liquid systems allow for this.

In many dry systems, the flow rate is measured by a shaft sensor. If half of the rig is shut off on a dry machine half of the shaft stops turning but the shaft speed needs to remain the same. This is all very dependent on how the dispensing mechanisim is driven.

Raven consoles that support both dry and liquid setups (660,661 etc.) have a menu item in the initial setup that handles these differences. The "math" for determining the proper dispensing rate is done properly for each situation. These consoles also have some other features such as a Spreader Constant that makes working with products of different densities easier.

Liquid controllers can be used with dry products as long as there is only one section present and the operator is willing to put up with some conversions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)