AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS 2 - variable rate liquid and dry fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MeGuedon
Posted 1/13/2008 22:41 (#282693 - in reply to #282348)
Subject: Re: GS 2 - variable rate liquid and dry fertilizer

Southwestern, MS
The GS2 rate controller will variable rate by itself and you don't have to have swath control. You will need Swath Control in order to shut off at headlands or turnrows.

The GS2 Rate controller will, I believe, allow you to use Swath Control. I say I believe because, the GS2 Rate controller and 2600 that we use in 8420 does not have Swath Control activated on it. If it had, then the GS2 Rate Controller in the tractor would function very similar to the Spray Stary System running in our 4720 with Swath Control activated. Swath Control in going only to control the number of boom switches that are installed on the system. If you use only one, it will shut the entire rig off.

All we did is bought the GS2 Rate Controller kit, took out only our Raven 440 console and left the Raven fast close value, Raven flow meter, and all other Raven wires. We already had the JD 2600 bought and wanted to use it. The main Raven wiring harness plugged directly into the GS2 Rate controller computing unit. We only used one boom switch.

If you use the Raven 440 Console with the 2600 instead of the GS2 Rate Controller, then you probably will not be able to use Swath Control. In this situation, the 2600 will be connected to the Raven via the RS232 port, and the 2600 will be sending the rate change amount to the Raven and the Raven will be actually controlling the spraying. The 2600 will act just as an Ag Leader PF 3000 or iPaq running SiteMate VRA would in this case. This option will allow you to Variable Rate also.

The only experience I have with the GS2 Rate Controller is with Raven Products. Not sure about use with other companies.

I have never taken an online course.

I not very good at explaining this in writing, so I apologize. If you need, you can send me an email and then give me a call.
Noble
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)