AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Refuge in the Bag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Artic Farms
Posted 3/21/2013 09:16 (#2980323 - in reply to #2979256)
Subject: Re: Refuge in the Bag

Traits all the way here. Non-GMO is not even a consideration as 70% of the corn in my area is COC for 35 years+. This past year we had excessive CRW pressure and a drought magnified the problem and I would rather not dump any more insecticide than I have to.

My other concern with non-GMO now and long term is the rate of genetic enhancement keeping up? Trait profit drives new inovation and the yield improvement is accerlating more rapidly than ever before. Molecular breeding is a game changer and I would argue there is by far more research, new techniques, and precision utilizing molecular breeding versus traditional and in what camp would non-GMO's come from? Plus just the shear volume of GMO versus NON-GMO has to be staggering and where is the money going to go? Drought trait (not native) and nitrogen utilization trait and others for example are right around the corner. BT (corn borer) was the start just a short 15 years ago and the trait revolution is just beginning.

This is America so people are free to chose what they want to do. Men died for that right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)