AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lease question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SteigerSt320
Posted 3/8/2013 20:03 (#2951628 - in reply to #2950065)
Subject: Re: Lease question

Northeast Louisiana
DRester - 3/7/2013 21:54

Please note that in my original post I did not say that a lease must be recorded. I did point out a few of the advantages of recording a lease. I did not specifically say that you are not required to record a lease. Perhaps I should have. SteigerSt320, I appreciate your help on this.

What happens if you have a 2 page lease with all the signatures on page two and the landlord or a family member drastically change page one? It is your word against the landlord's about what was originally on page one. What happens if you lose your copy of the lease due to a variety of things that can happen? If the lease is immediately recorded the original copy is on file in the public records.

I have never been in this situation with words being changed. But I do know that the original papers should be signed in blue ink. Not black. As for the first page or each page in multiples, I have seen some papers have both parties initials on it to signify it's the original. The original is recorded here in our local courthouse.

As I said in my earlier post, with some parties that I very well trust, I may not have it recorded but it's stamped by a notary public. But it can or may come to a time that I wished I had it recorded.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)