AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lease question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SteigerSt320
Posted 3/7/2013 21:57 (#2949932 - in reply to #2949871)
Subject: Re: Lease question

Northeast Louisiana
SDFarmboy - 3/7/2013 20:40

SteigerSt320 - 3/7/2013 21:33
SDFarmboy - 3/7/2013 19:17 A farmland lease does not have to be recorded. Very few are. Leases are only as good as the people who sign them. There are laws that cover leases. Go from there, any more is just speculation.
Does not have to be, BUT will save you a buttload of crap to deal with. I do not record any farm lease I have on my property. You just have to stay on top of things. For example, if your renting land from a family from out of state and something happens and they sell out, you can go through legal matters to prove the you are in the right. There is a time and place for recording. It all depends.

Steiger:

It does not matter if it is recorded or not.  A lease is a binding legal agreement.
If there is a problem, you are going to court anyway. 

Do you rent land, and do you have all signatures notarized?

Don't try to tell everyone they need to record a rental deed. 

I think your missing my point or I am missing your point. Either way, What I am trying to say is if a lawyer is working on a deal to have an estate auction for a family that lives out of state, and your renting that farm. If it's recorded and they will know about it. If not, well.... What if you see someone on the farm your leasing and they are doing something? Point I am making is, it can maybe save you some headache. Either way, its binding and legal. You see what I trying to say?

Any yes, I own land and lease it out. It's not recorded at courthouse. It's signed by both parties on a document and notorized. This is good enough for me and them.

I also rent land to farm, and it's not recorded either.

I am not dealing with out of town, out of state, or land owned by a stockholder corp. anymore. I used to rent land from a very large corporation that's on the New York stock exchange, That land was recorded at the courthouse. That's common business. It has to protect the investors from liablilty.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)