AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Naming pets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 2/5/2013 21:52 (#2877887)
Subject: Naming pets

WC MN
I never post here in the kitchen table but thought this was an appropriate topic.

My wife and I just had our first child, a boy, 7 months ago. We named him after my "step" great grandfather who I loved and respected. His name was Henry and has significant meaning to us. Obviously we are quite proud of our son and the name we gave him. The story goes my brother and his wife bought a dog today. They subsequently named it "Hank" which in our area is also a nickname for Henry. Now, I don't ever plan on calling our son "Hank" but this fact obviously bothered my wife. The sister in law is known to instigate family tension which is why I think the name choice. My approach has always been just to ignore it because most of the time it's petty, meaningless stuff. That said, my wife was pretty fired up tonight. SIL posted the dog on Facebook (of course) and that has added fuel to the fire with my wife's friends bugging her about it.

So, the question becomes do you say something or ignore it? It apparently is a big deal for my wife. Even in poor taste, I don't think it's much to leave sleep over. Actually, I don't think it's creative at all. My brother and I are darn good friends and we can talk about this stuff, however his wife will make a deal about.

Anyways, seems petty but it bothers my wife so I have to ask.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)