AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*********Weigh Ins For 2/3/13 To 2/9/13*********
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 2/3/2013 09:06 (#2870939)
Subject: *********Weigh Ins For 2/3/13 To 2/9/13*********

Welcome to February, how are we all doing. If you just started at the beginning of the year, or if you are one that has been one of my long time losers, hope you are doing well. If you just started at the beginning of the year, this is the time when the "newness" of the eating better is getting old and you just want to go back to eating what you want, but we have to really dig in our heels and just try harder. If you have a lot of weight to lose, I am telling you that it can be done. Don't look at the big picture of losing 100 pounds or more. Look at each 5 or 10 pounds. Weight Watchers likes to have you concentrate on 10%, get that first 10% off and then it is more of a lifestyle change for you. I think back to when I weighed 120 pounds more then I weigh now and I can't believe how much my life has changed. Also with the joint replacements and finally recovered that I can really enjoy being out there again. Several days this week I walked 9 or more then 9 miles a day doing different things, my workout dvd, walking the hill/ridge and just walking the park. I noticed that my stride is much longer now since my knee replacement and I can stretch out that knee.

Now, both Dave and I were a little nervous for weighing in today as we have been gone the last two weekends and food was very much in the picture. I have a real problem with sweets and there was plenty of them around and I kind of went wild. I know I had gained several pounds, but when we got back to the park I dug back in and watched what I ate and started to increase my walking. So I lost what I gained, plus another pound. Happy with that.

Now Dave, he said he watched his portions the last two weekends during the celebrations and he was out for a ride with a couple guys yesterday and I was up sweating walking my second mile around the ridge and he texted me a picture of an ice cream sundae. I thought, sure, I am working out so hard, and you are riding and eating. But I am happy as he got on the scale this morning and he lost a pound. So must be more active in AZ for him too.

I hope you all are having a losing week. Again, post pictures if you want. I like to see who is with me here on this journey. Have a great week and watch those wings for the Super Bowl tonight. Enjoy them, but watch the portions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)