AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Claas or New Holland round baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerrob
Posted 6/23/2006 00:39 (#21430 - in reply to #21216)
Subject: RE: Claas or New Holland round baler

We have a Claas 66 that we really really like. We bought it because of the fixed chamber. With the metal rollers that spin instead of belts we have less repairs to make- no belts to replace or break. True you have bearings on each of those rollers but I don't know that it is anymore than a belt baler would have. I also think that the metal rollers help keep more leaves in the bale when baling hay that is drier than you want it to be. We also have the net wrap option and wouldn't own another one without it. You can pretty much bale as fast as you want to or can hang onto the tractor seat. We have owned this baler for close to 10 years now (bought it used)and the only repair we have had to do was replace a master chainlink and one tire. We usually bale somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-300 round bales per year. I know to most that is not a lot but we aren't in the custom hay business just for use with our cattle and sheep. Our local dealer for Claas is a New Holland dealer and he is near a lot of dairy farms. You never see any NH hay equipment at his dealership.... I guess you can take that for what it is worth as I think either would be an excellent choice but when we need to replace ours it will be with another Claas.

JMHO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)