AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody ever rode the Durango to Silverton train?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

marbro1
Posted 1/28/2013 09:43 (#2855546)
Subject: Anybody ever rode the Durango to Silverton train?

Southwest Iowa
My wife and I along with our kids, sister, her husband and their kids, and my parents are planning on taking a trip this summer down to the SW part of Colorado for a few days and are planning on riding the passenger train from Durango to Silverton and back. This is a ride that I had wanted to do 25 years ago when we were on vacation back then. But my sister was 6 at the time and freaked out over riding the train, thinking we were gonna fall down the mountain side so she over ruled my vote and we didn't get to ride it.

Has anybody here ever taken the ride? Any advice or do's/don't's that we should keep in mind? The kid's will be 5, 5, 4, 3, and 2 at the time if that makes any difference. Leaning towards riding in the open air cars so if the kid's get a little loud or rambunctous, they won't be bothering too many others. What are the better hotels to stay at in DURANGO? We were also thinking of doing some back country ATV riding while out there and maybe doing a zip line adventure deal if any are available? Possibly going to visit the 4 corners area and the Aztec ruins/cliff dwellings while in the area before we leave. Is there any other must see attractions while we're there?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions that anybody has!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)